Tuesday 10 May 2011

I can resist everything except temptation

Those were the wise words of Oscar Wilde. I am not sure whether he had tea towels and table cloths in mind when he first came up with them, but then again, maybe he did?



On Sunday morning, I did what every French person worth their sould does: going to the market. After 8 years living in Scotland (and 4 months in Switzerland), I had forgotten that a) buying fresh vegetables did not have to cost you an arm and a leg and b) that strawberries smell lovely. While walking on a cloud, excited to be able to afford a massive bunch of fresh asparagus without having to take a bank loan, I bumped into a small stall selling hand-woven table linen.


Now, some women rejoice in the prospect of buying a new pair of shoes or a new handbag. I harbour a tea towel guilty pleasure. I do not enjoy washing up and particularly dislike drying dishes but I looove tea towels. I like seeing them  hang from their little hooks in the kitchen. I may have added 2 to my collection...


My next table linen obsession revolves around table cloths. I don't think I own a single table cloth that is the right dimension for our dinning table. I like =  I buy. One day, I'll find the right table for my tablecloth. The one I bought is gigantic (it is folded in half on the photo!) but I liked the design and the lady (Etoffe de Soi- go check it out!) did not have it in a smaller size. The way I see it is that it can serve 2 purposes: tablecloth and picnic ground sheet. Sorted!

Does anyone else have a linen obsession?


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...