Friday 19 August 2011

Le marché

 Bonjour tout le monde,
This will be the last of my holiday post on Morzine. Arguably, I have kept the best for last as I get to show you what I spent my pennies on!!


No, I didn't come home with a giant cow bell!

If there is one thing that I really miss from France, it will be "le marché". I can't think of a better way of spending an hour or two on a Sunday morning. Even Alf got dragged along to perfect his French education!

From freshly pressed apple juice...




... to saucissons (one of the things the French do best)...


... to garlic and onions (we're in France after all!)...


... and fresh fruits and vegetables...



...cheese of course!...


...and some bread to go with it...



...what is there not to love about French markets????

My favourite stall had to be this one though!



A fabric stall!!!!!!!!!! I was hoping to bring back some "alpine-themed fabric" from Morzine as a holiday souvenir. I had no real idea of what to do with it but I thought it would be a nice thing to bring back with us. So this was my opportunity to spend pennies! I must have spent over 20 minutes looking at the stall, picking up fabric, feeling it, putting it back and repeating these movements over and over again. Eventually, I took pity on Mr T and Alf waiting for me in the midday sun and settled for a meter of this:





I thought I could make some nice cushion covers with this fabric to go with our navy blue sofa. The fabric is not as alpine as I had in mind although the hearts reminds me of all those beautiful shutters we had seen in Morzine:


Morzine's shutters and balconies
My second pressie to myself was a love at first sight buy. This lovely wooden tray is so nice that I do not intend to use it to transport food (no, no, no! too risky!it's too nice to get stained).


It is perfect though as a craft tray where I can put all my sewing bits and bobs and my ongoing project, and it is easy to carry to the sofa in the evening when I craft in front of the telly. J'adore!


With this last post, it feels like the holidays are truly over. This is especially true since Mr T went into hospital yesterday for an operation on his back (to remove his herniated disc) and I have been busy worrying and visiting him in hospital. However, the sun is still shining here in Zurich and the lake is still warm so it isn't time to feel sorry for myself but it is time to enjoy the last of the summer days!



3 comments:

JuanitaTortilla said...

A girl after my own heart -- I *love* markets, and I would be drooling all over the fabric stall myself!
I wished to have been there! (Would you care to be my translator?)

Totally agreeing with your purchases.

Hey, best wishes to Mr T. I hope he recovers well and fast.

zsazsazsu said...

Glad to get to know you and your blog ! I only know this market from my skiholidays in Morzine ... :-) !

Lucy in the Clouds said...

First thing I thought when I saw that tray was 'craft tray'! Haha! Lovely pics, esp those pretty shutters :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...