Sunday, 2 October 2011

Handmade Monday

Remember the hat I casted on last weekend? Well, this proved to be one of the easiest and most satisfying knitting project I have done in a long time. For my fellow knitters out there, you can go and check the details on my Ravelry page (click on the tab on the left-hand side of the blog).

This was knitted in a few evenings with some left-over wool I had in my stash:


I am kicking myself for not keeping the details of the yarn. I have used it for various projects before and they always turned out beautifully. I think it really suits this little hat too!

I often find that wooly hats can sometimes look a bit odd on my head so I wasn't intending to keep it...but I tried it on upon completion and secretly thought that I did not look like too much of a weirdo with it...what do you think?



I guess it is hard to tell considering that I have one giant camera in front of my face! Maybe just take my word for it! I may just be selfish and keep it for myself...

If you need more of a crafty fix, go and check out the Handmade Monday crowd over here!

14 comments:

tillymintboutique said...

Your hat looks great - love it! x

adaliza said...

What a decidedly super hat! It looks like a pretty rainbow - not at all weird - super stylish and right on this season's trend. Wear it - I would!

Caroline Nash said...

Well done the hat looks great

mcrafts said...

Love the wool you used - not too bulky looking - Looks great on you :)

CHRISTMAS PIE CRAFTS said...

It is great - the colours are really lovely

Jill

Wendy said...

It's a lovely hat and I think I'd be tempted to keep it too. You may be glad of it over the coming winter months.

nicsnotebook.com said...

I really like it!!!

Ali said...

I love the colours in the hat and the style is great.

Ali x

Susie said...

It looks great. Where we live it's never warm enough for a wooly hat, so I never see them, but I see them on people on TV and stuff.

Caroline Lovis (Redneedle) said...

Great hat, lovely colours and it definitely suits. I know what you mean though about some hats just not cutting the mustard when you put them on.

Planet Penny said...

Such pretty yarn, and I love the button detail. Yes, it's a winner, keep it!

Kat Shenton said...

This looks great. Really well done. I wish I could make something like that. But where I can't fill the gap, you can!!! Well done, can't wait to see more.

Ros Made Me said...

Ooooh the moss stitch really sets your hat apart... it looks like you have used a rather lovely Noro yarn to make this... just yummy :)

Picto said...

The hat is lovely, great colours. Well done.

Jan x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...