Thursday 15 December 2011

Butter biscuits recipe

I was asked for the recipe for the biscuits I made 2 weeks ago and that I shared with you on my Christmas-theme baking post. In case you'd forgotten how yummy they looked, here is a reminder:


You will need:
500g flour
1tsp baking powder
2 eggs
200g sugar
Dash of vanilla extract
250g chilled butter

Combine all the ingredients and mix to form a smooth dough.
Refrigerate for 30-40 minites.
Roll out to a thichness of about 3 mm and cut out shapes.


Place biscuits on a greased baking tray and bake at 175° for 8-12 minutes


This will produce a lot of biscuits so I usually divide the ingredients by 2 and still end up with about 30 biscuits.

Happy baking!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this - I hope to be making some biscuits 2day :) x

Alfs alter-ego said...

I hope to be EATING some biscuits today! Sort it out Suisse!

zsazsazsu said...

thank you, will surely give this recipe a try !

Jan said...

Such a simple recipe, I'll certainly be giving this one a go. Thank you

Jan x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...