Sunday 25 March 2012

Welcome to the jungle!

Peeps...I am so excited to finally have something to share on Wendy's Handmade Monday this week because it has been ages since I have finished a crafty project but this little sewing project cheered me up endlessly last night, being very quick and satisfying!

I fear that my crafting this year will be very much baby-inspired because I have so many things I want to make and friends and family have been very generous with craft books and supplies that I have to keep on producing!

We have been buying a few Jungle-themed accessories for Baby Suisse's room and they have inspired this weekend's project.


Accessories from Vert Baudet

Matching fabric was bought online and a fool-proof tutorial for a cot bumper was found...it was all easy peasy!




And ta-dah...an hour later I had my cot bumper for Baby Suisse's room. Easy to make, personalised and much cheaper than buying it in a baby shop: this project is a winner on all accounts!



I have bought some extra jungle fabric to make a matching toy bag and maybe even a little matching quilt for the bedroom, so watch this space!

Right, I'm off to see what other crafters have been up to!

PS: Do not read anything into the colour-themed of the room/cot bumper...I had emails from friends after the mobile post asking if we were having a little girl because the dragon was pink...we do not know yet what flavour Baby Suisse is and have decided to not have a pink/blue theme in the baby room ;-)

5 comments:

Handbags by Helen said...

Love, love, love the jungle theme!

Carolee Crafts said...

Well done on all your week's makes. Love the lion peeping out from the tree

Wendy said...

Gorgeous! A jungle-themed room is always a winner.

This reminds me of when my daughter did a jungle-themed mural for my grandson's bedroom - all the animals were friendly and cute but he got so scared of the lion she ended up painting it out one night so he could go to bed!!

Pickle Lily said...

These are super - I love the fabric! My son had a yellow room and my daughter's was green - so go for the funky colours!
Jo x

Jam Dalory said...

What a brilliant cot bumper, love the fabric. x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...