Monday 16 July 2012

A present for Alf

I love my dog, I really do, but God is he messy! Not only is every single bit of floor covered in dog hair (I have lost count of the number of times I have found a dog hair in my food half way through dinner and wondered how the heck it ended up there...), but half the kitchen ends up flooded everytime he decides to have a drink. Just like you can follow a snail or a slug by its trail, you can usually track Alf half way round the flat after he has had a drink.

I have been trying to find an appropriate plastic placemat for him to place under his bowls in the kitchen but could never find the right design. So when I saw this in a shop in Morzine when we were on holidays in June, I knew what I wanted to do:


Routing through my photobox, I found these and personalised this placemat:


Et voilà!


If only it was this simple to sort out the dog hair problem...

Come and join me in checking out what others have been doing this past week on Handmade Monday here at Wendy's.

7 comments:

Carolee Crafts said...

I sympathise with you with the drooling and lack of water down throat, not sure what he does with it but looks like the shower floor, inside the cubicle! and as for the food messy or what. Love the idea of the photo mat though, good idea

Wendy said...

Brilliant! I love that Alf has his own placemat x

knitnrun said...

Hope that he appreciates it!

Ali said...

What a great idea. I bet Alf loves his placemat but I bet he's still messy. Thanks for sharing. Ali x

fatmonica said...

What a great idea!Alf must be feeling pretty special right now!

Unknown said...

I am amazed you managed to get a pic of the food in the bowl... Charlie would literally have woofed it before it touched the floor! :)

Jan said...

I don't have any pets myself but I think its a great idea to have a special placemat for the food bowl.
Love the idea of the photo's.

Jan x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...