Monday 23 July 2012

The long-awaited toy bag

If you were following me in March, you may remember seeing the jungle-themed  cot bumper I made for Baby Suisse's room. If you don't, here's a little reminder of the fabric used.


Thanks to some severe miscalculations on my behalf of how much fabric was needed for this project, I ended up with a LOT of extra fabric which wasn't a bad thing in the end as it allowed me to make some matching accessories for his bedroom. My first idea was to make a small matching toy bag to store Baby Suisse's growing collection of soft toys.


The bag itself is like a big, lined cube open on top with 4 pockets around the sides to put away some more toys.



A layer of wadding was added between the bag and its lining to make it sturdier. The fabric used for the lining is the same as for the pockets.


As you can see from this picture, the resulting bag is not huge but big enough for Baby Suisse's current collection of rattles, soft books and other cuddlies.


Only 4 weeks until the big day, things are starting to look ready :-)

Come and join me in Handmade Harbour to see what other craft magic has been happening on blogland.

7 comments:

Christmas Pie Crafts said...

It is lovely and such gorgeous material - really handy for keeping lots of toys neat and tidy. Lucky baby Suisse. Hope you have a good week.

Carolee Crafts said...

Always better to have too much than not enough fabric. good idea a toy bag

knitnrun said...

I love the fabric. You have come up with a great way to use some of the left overs up. It looks to be a great size - allowing baby Suisse to be able to empty it all out!!

Jan said...

The crib looks lovely, the matching bag is perfect, sometimes miscalculations are a good thing :) We have lots more sun here today and hopefully it will last for the rest of the summer.

Jan x

Ali said...

What a great idea a toy bag. The fabric is lovely. I have a feeling you may need a bigger bag eventually. Have a lovely week. Ali x

Handbags by Helen said...

Fab idea. I'mhoping to make a nappy bag for a pregnant friend, but nowyou've got me thinking again.

Wendy said...

Wow, the toy bag is a supeb idea, and I like how it's soft and safe for a baby too. The cot is looking lovely. Exciting times x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...